ページ

2019年8月17日土曜日

GUNDAM Mania【rx-79bluedestiny: Going to cover this kit in two posts and even then I will not be covering... August 17, 2019 at 07:32AM】

rx-79bluedestiny:

Going to cover this kit in two posts and even then I will not be covering everything. I will say that if you like the Hi-Nu Gundam and want more stuff with a kit than what you would get with a Bandai kit, buy this kit. If you want a better HG(-ish) Hi-Nu Gundam than what Bandai makes currently, buy this kit. I had a lot of fun building and detailing this kit and I still have water slides to apply if I am feeling up to it.

As you can see this kit is not 1/144th scale even though it is labeled as such. Also this kit is slight higher quality than an average Bandai HG kit of the time when the original Nu and Hi-Nu were made. I would even say that this kit is very close to being on par with the average HG kit that Bandai makes today. There is more part separation than what the typical Bandai HG kit has and way more accessories.

You get 4 sets of hands, 3 beam sabers, 5 beam saber effects, 2 different sets of effect parts for the funnels (total of 12), 6 working funnels, 2 wings of light effect parts, 2 effect parts for the fuel tanks, 1 bazooka, 1 beam rifle, 1 shield, a stand, and parts to mount the funnels in deployed mode onto the stand. I spent about $50 USD for this kit which includs tax, ssh, and the basic kit cost. The build is solid and I had no fit issues and had a lot of fun working on this kit and posing this kit.

Imagine what this would cost if Bandai made an equivalent product, which would most certainly be a P-Bandai kit. Since I built the Full Burst Strike Freedom recently, this kit really makes me reconsider that I ever bought the Full Burst Strike Freedom.

There are some minor issues with the kit. I find that the elbow joints do not stay in the upper arm when changing poses. They have a tendency to pop out. They are not lose, just pop out. The skirt armor is also very lose, I had to thicken the connector parts on the skirt armor with super glue to get the fit I wanted.

The other issue is that the kit is very back heavy with the extended fuel tanks and funnels. Thankfully the kit comes with a stand, but the stand is one of those fixed pose stands, where you have to disassemble the stand to change the angel of the mobile suit’s tilt.

Otherwise I love this kit and am glad I got a chance to purchase it. The manual showed a lot of optional stuff you could do with a 2nd kit, but I don’t feel the need to buy another copy of this kit. I do have Model Comprehend’s Nu Gundam and Full Armor Nu Gundam kits to build as well. The one I am missing from the Nu Gundam line is a ground variant of the Nu Gundam.