ページ

2020年3月13日金曜日

GUNDAM Mania【g-29astarothtrinity:Gunpla Update #02 - 12/03/2020Current W.I.P. Build: “Blood Tears”... March 13, 2020 at 07:28PM】

g-29astarothtrinity:

Gunpla Update #02 - 12/03/2020

  1. Current W.I.P. Build: “Blood Tears”

Started a new custom kitbash build codenamed “Blood Tears”. It’s going to be a close-quarters combat type mobile suit based on the HG the Origin RX-78-1 FSD/Local Type. I’m using parts from HG the Origin MSD RGM-79 Guard Custom and the HGUC RX-78-5 Gundam Mudrock for the customizations.

I had to do some pretty extensive parts modifcations including drilling a 3mm attachment hardpoint in the back waist part. This also included making a custom wrist weapon by cutting off the attachment hardpoints for beam sabers/shield from the FSD/Local Type, and cemeting this to the wrist mounted beam dagger sheaths from the GM Guard Custom. Makes for a really versatile melee weapon.

This build has involved a good amount of design planning and research, as well as fit testing as I cut and clean the parts in preperation for primer application. I really want to avoid custom making/modifying connection mechanisms like shoulders or leg to waist connections so I made sure the kits I was going to use were generally parts compatable in this regard.

Build is going smoothly so far, and I have all the armor cut out and cleaned. Removed the seamlines on the weapons and and applied panel line wash. Going to finalize the color scheme plan and then apply primer this weekend. Maybe even get to painting too should all go well.

This build is starting off a new project that is going to be pretty ambitious as it’s going to my own One Year War fan sidestory that goes along with the builds of the project. I’ll elaborate more on it in a seperate post so this one isn’t so long.