ページ

2020年3月28日土曜日

GUNDAM Mania【g-29astarothtrinity:Gunpla Update #04: 03/27/2020>>Current W.I.P. Build: RX-78-1[NX] Gundam... March 28, 2020 at 02:36PM】

g-29astarothtrinity:

Gunpla Update #04: 03/27/2020

>>Current W.I.P. Build: RX-78-1[NX] Gundam Local Type Specter Custom<<

Made quite a bit of progress. At least half the parts are painted and ready for detail paint and decals. I’m going to wait for a sunny day to finish off the other half. The Dull Red I used is not as red as I would have liked, and comes off as more of a deep rust color. So I ended up hand painting those pieces with a custom mixed dark red and I like how it came out.

Finished detail painting for the head including adding a dab of titanium silver to the tips of the 60mm head vulcans. Painting the head optics was nerve wracking as always. Not sure if I want to paint the eyes with a clear red or just leave the chrome silver, because I’m putting the red visor on once the head has been topcoated. Originally I was going to use the Mudrock gundam head and paint cry streaks in blood red but decided to use the Gundam Local Type/FSD dead instead so I’m not sure I still want to add that last painted detail.

Since the FSD comes with parts for both the FSD build and Local Type Build, I painted both. I was originally going to stick with the Local Type chest build, but now I really like the subtle uniqueness of the FSD chest build with the curved chest vents.

>>New Supplies<<

Got a load of water slide decals from SIMPmodels awhile back. Here are two of the sheets including EFF/EFSF/EFGF emblems and decals which are relevant to my current build, and the sheet for the RG Crossbone Gundam since it’s one of my favorites. Not pictured, but I also got sheets for the RG Nu and a handful of IBO sheets. My local store is now also selling SIMPmodels products so now I don’t have to order online all the time. Well, at least once the current pandemic has been resolved, though not even shipping is continuing as normal though. I know there are a few online vendors who had to temporarily close their warehouses due to city orders and the current worsening situation. Better safe than sorry. Just want to say to my fellow fans and builders to remember wash your hands and stay safe :).